Here is my problem: Alan Pardew has just quit as manager over my reluctance to offer Shola Ameobi a five-year extension to his current contract so I have now appointed you as the new Newcastle manager effective immediately.
We are operating in real time here, just over a third of the transfer window has gone by and we have signed three players (Ba, Marveaux and Cabaye) and lost one player (Nolan). I want a top-six finish this year and for you to complete all of the work that Alan Pardew has started. Effectively you will have around £20 million of working capital and you will have to show just cause for your future signings. There are other issues that you will need to resolve.
1. Who will be your captain?
2. Do you keep Barton or send him tweetering off to another team?
3. Resolve the Jose contract delay
4. What areas of the team need strengthening and who will you bring in?
5. What type of game plan and team formation are you going to run with?
6. Will you play the young guns that are knocking on the first team door?
I have been reading this ‘blog and a lot of you seem to think that you know what’s best for Newcastle United! Well here is your opportunity, it is time to put your money where your mouth is and show me what you can do!
Mike Ashley (well Aussie Magpie Fan actually!) « Is there any way to solve the Joey Barton situation? | Living in an Ashley wonderland? »