Today’s round up of all NUFC related transfer talk:
- According to the Daily Mirror, Rafa Benitez has lost patience with Aleksandar Mitrovic and is prepared to sell the NUFC striker this summer if the club can recoup something close to the £14m paid for him 2 years ago.
- Newcastle United’s hunt for a striker will not end with the loan signing of Tammy Abraham, with Andre Gray and Daniel Sturridge both under consideration this summer (The Chronicle).
- Rafa Benitez’s hopes of signing Pepe Reina have been boosted, with Napoli’s chairman looking to cash in on the Spanish International who has just 1 year left on his current contract.
- Reports in Spain claim NUFC have triggered the release clause of French centre-back Florian Lejeune, however the deal could be held up by Eibar’s boardroom elections (Sunderland Echo).
- Newcastle United’s bid to sell defender Grant Hanley to Derby County has been dealt a blow, with the Rams confirming the signing of Hull centre-back Curtis Davies today (The Chronicle).
- Villarreal have confirmed the signing rumoured NUFC target Rúben Semedo from Sporting Lisbon on a five-year contract (@VillarrealCF)