A round up of all of today’s NUFC related news and gossip:
- Besiktas striker Cenk Tosun is a name that has been mentioned on several occasions ahead of the January transfer window, however club president Fikret Orman has warned interested parties that the Turkish star will not come cheap this winter – the striker is in Champions League action for Besiktas tonight, playing Monaco on BT Sport at 5pm for those who may be interested.
- Priceless scenes down the road at Sunderland last night, as Sammy Ameobi scored from 25-yards to help bottom of the league Bolton earn a 3-3 draw at the Stadium of Light – a result that has seen Sunderland sack Simon Grayson! CLICK HERE to watch his goal!
- A boost of sorts has arrived ahead of our home game with Watford later this month, with it being confirmed that club captain Troy Deeney will miss the game on the 25th November after being charged with violent conduct and banned for 3 games.
- It’s no secret that Tom Cairney’s performances caught the eye of Rafa Benitez in the Championship last season, however his start to the season with Fulham suggests we were fortunate to have missed out on the midfielder the summer – CLICK HERE to see just why.
- Following Grayson’s sacking at Sunderland, an anonymous NUFC fan has got in on the action, sending in an amusing fake job application to a vacancy at Back Page Newcastle, pretending to be the Mackems ex-manager! CLICK HERE to read the brilliant application.
- And finally, NUFC fan Simon might have hit the nail on the head here in this intriguing piece on Rafa’s preference to play Joselu – “Why Joselu will start ahead of Mitrovic and Gayle once again on Saturday” – CLICK HERE to read it.