A round up of all of today’s NUFC related news and gossip:
- An injury blow revealed today by Rafa Benitez, who confirms that Mikel Merino will miss tomorrow’s game with Bournemouth, with the Spaniard set to be missing for ‘at least’ two to three weeks with a back injury – CLICK HERE to read Rafa’s comments.
- Some better news ahead of tomorrow’s game and an astonishing stat has emerged today – Rafa Benitez has lost just 1 of his last 58 home games on a Saturday in the Premier League, including 5 in a row with NUFC!
- It has been revealed by The Chronicle today that Mo Diame started on Monday night not only due to Mikel Merino’s absence, but because Isaac Hayden was also ‘not 100% fit’ – also revealing that forgotten man Henri Saivet is ‘in contention’ for tomorrow’s visit of Bournemouth at St James’ Park! CLICK HERE for full article.
- Speaking in his pre-match press conference ahead of tomorrow’s game with Bournemouth, Rafa Benitez has offered an absolutely brutal assessment of Jack Colback’s position at the club – CLICK HERE to read his brutal comments in full.
- Rafa has been speaking to the media today in his pre-Bournemouth press conference – CLICK HERE for all the key points raised, including all the latest injury news and the team’s reaction to defeat on Monday.
- A boost of sorts has arrived ahead of tomorrow’s game with Bournemouth, with Eddie Howe confirming that first-team duo Junior Stanislas and Benik Afobe will BOTH miss the game at St James’ Park this weekend.
England’s squad for next week’s international break have been announced and fellow NUFC fans have made their feelings known about Jamaal Lascelles’ omission from the squad – taking issue with some of those who’ve been selected over the in-form Newcastle captain over anything else – CLICK HERE for full article.
- After finally predicting his first NUFC win of the season last week, Paul Merson is backing us once again this weekend, predicting we’ll see of Bournemouth 2-1 at St James’ Park on Saturday – despite admitting his ‘disappointed’ he was with our performance on Monday night.
The team we we at NUFC Blog would like to see start tomorrow – “The starting 11 I believe most NUFC fans would like to see Benitez go with against Bournemouth”.