A round up of all of today’s NUFC related news and gossip:
- Some fascinating claims have arrived from Sporting Lisbon president Bruno de Carvalho today, who admits that a deal for Ruben Semedo to sign for Newcastle looked all set to take place in the summer – only for NUFC officials to not return with a formal offer to seal a €14 million deal that was all but agreed – read full story here.
- In an interview with Alan Shearer on the Premier League show on BBC2 last night, Jamaal Lascelles has admitted that he came to blows with Mo Diame as he didn’t like what he saw, claiming he doesn’t care who upsets or falls out with, he is simply doing his job as captain of Newcastle United – read the skippers full comments here.
- He may not be getting picked by Rafa Benitez at club level, but NUFC outcast Aleksandar Mitrovic can’t stop scoring for Serbia, with the popular striker getting on the scoresheet for his country once again in their 2-0 win in China today – Watch his goal here!
- A promising update has arrived ahead of the January transfer window from The Chronicle, who claim Benitez will receive the latest instalment of Premier League cash to add to his winter transfer kitty – meaning there will be money to spend in January regardless of a takeover occurring by then or not. Read full story here.
- On the subject of the January transfer window, The Chronicle have also suggested that Mo Diame’s lack of game time has left the club considering whether to cash in on him in January – stating that several Championship clubs are ‘monitoring his and other Newcastle outcast’s availability’. Read full story here.
- Former Newcastle United striker Mick Quinn has suggested that Aleksandar Mitrovic doesn’t deserve his place in the NUFC side as Rafa Benitez will know something we don’t when watching him in training every week, with Quinn also being convinced that he is not the best finisher at the club – read full article here.
- According to reports in Spain today, Rafa Benitez has identified Barcelona goalkeeper Jasper Cillessen as an ‘ideal’ January target, with the Dutch international looking for a move after struggling for game time with the Catalan giants. Read full story here.
- Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere is set to be loaned out in January as he looks to find some much needed first team football, and it looks like we will be one of several clubs offered the chance to sign the 25-year old. Read full story here.
- Any finally, with the January window now in sight, Simon has looked at 10 players who COULD leave NUFC this winter – read full article here.
Have a good weekend folks!