A round up of all of today’s NUFC related news and gossip:
- Ambitious claims in an exclusive from the Daily Star today, who have suggested that Amanda Staveley and co. could confirm their takeover of NUFC this week! Read the full story here.
- These claims have been jumped on by NUFC’s North-East correspondents however, with several local journalists providing more measured assessments of the state of play at NUFC, suggesting the Daily Star’s talk of a takeover happening this week to be premature at this stage – Read full article here.
- Meanwhile, Rafa Benitez has delivered an inspiring message to his NUFC players at the training ground over the past week, telling them we’re all in it together and can beat ANYONE on our day ahead of our tough run of winter fixtures. Read full story here.
- According to The Mirror, Atletico Madrid striker Fernando Torres is keen on securing a return to the Premier League in January and Rafa Benitez is believed to be keen on making that a reality, with the story claiming the NUFC boss will make a move to be reunited with the 33-year old striker this winter – Read full story here.
- Several sides have been linked with a move for NUFC outcast Aleksandar Mitrovic over the weekend, however Rafa Benitez has stated that if he can train hard and ‘make the most’ of any opportunity he might get, then he will handed his chance to impress in the Premier league once again – Read full story here.
- Gareth Southgate avoided calling up Jonjo Shelvey to the England squad once again last week, and he has since ‘explained’ why he didn’t – claiming it’s because the NUFC midfielder is a ‘different type of player’ to what they need, as he plays as a ‘quarter-back’ for his club – Read full quotes here.
- Ahead of our trip to Old Trafford this weekend, Romelu Lukaku has spoken out about Man Utd’s recent dip in form since their superb start to the season, however has warned NUFC that things are about to click into place for them again soon thanks to the return of some key players – Read full quotes here.
- And finally, The Mirror report that NUFC midfielder Mo Diame wants to be reunited with former boss Steve Bruce and is keen on the idea of making a January move to Aston Villa. Read full story here.