A round up of all of today’s NUFC related news and gossip:
- Rafa Benitez has admitted that he will simply have to try and improve the players he has if he is not able to improve his squad over the January transfer window – suggesting he is unsure whether he will even have money to spend this winter – Read his full comments here.
- In an interview with BT Sport prior to Saturday night’s game at Old Trafford, Rafa had also made some revealing comments regarding the potential takeover at NUFC – stating there’s ‘no chance’ a new owner will be coming in and spending £100m in the upcoming transfer window – Read full interview here.
- Speaking on Match of the Day following Saturday’s 4-1 defeat at Man Utd, Alan Shearer hit the nail on the head when discussing our start to the season as a whole – stating that we would have accepted our mid-table standing at this stage of the season before a ball was kicked – Read his comments on MOTD here.
- The Chronicle have now revealed that interest from ‘other groups’ has faded away, with Staveley and co. now deemed the clear frontrunners to takeover at NUFC – Read full story here.
- Jacob Murphy has taken to Twitter to send a message to the ‘amazing’ NUFC fans, thanking them for their support and vowing to move forward together following his start at Old Trafford in Saturday’s 4-1 defeat to Manchester United – Read his message in full here.
- The agent of Juventus midfielder Stefano Sturaro has credited Newcastle with an interest in his client ahead of the January transfer window – however believes any talk of a move is ‘premature’ as he currently plans to continue with the Serie A champions – Read full story here.
- Tony Pulis has been SACKED by West Brom – news that could be significant for NUFC ahead of our trip to the Hawthorns a week tomorrow – Read why here.
- And finally, here’s FIVE positives to take into Watford on Saturday despite our 4-1 defeat to Man Utd – read full article here.