A round up of all of today’s takeover news and NUFC gossip:
- Some big claims from The Times today who understand that Mike Ashley is now prepared to accept a revised price of £350m for Newcastle United after rejecting Amanda Staveley’s incentivised offer in the region of £300m – Read full story here.
- Rafa Benitez has offered some good and bad news on the injury front, revealing that Mikel Merino and Paul Dummett could return for the visit of Watford on Saturday – but suggesting that Jamaal Lascelles and Christian Atsu will miss out once again – Read his comments in full here.
- NUFC editor Mark Douglas has admitted that despite our interest, Newcastle’s pursuit of Besiktas striker Cenk Tosun is ‘not going anywhere’ ahead of the January transfer window – Read full article here.
- According to financial expert David Buik, Amanda Staveley was ‘trying it on’ with her opening bid of around £300m to buy Newcastle United, admitting that the club is in fact worth ‘at least’ £380m – Read is comments in full here.
- Despite his tendency to predict for us to lose this season, Paul Merson has stated that we’re ‘not getting relegated’ so should play our strongest team in the FA Cup this season – also stating that a takeover is essential to keep our world class manager in Rafa Benitez – Read the pundits rather contradictory comments here.
- Newcastle scouts have been spotted watching Marseille star Morgan Sanson during their 1-1 draw at Bordeaux over the weekend, with ‘Scouts in Attendance’ revealing that we were one of several Premier League clubs present to watch the Frenchman on Sunday – Read full story here.
- Another midfielder bites the dust ahead of this weekend’s game with Watford, with Isaac Hayden’s fifth yellow card of the season at Man Utd meaning he will be suspended on Saturday – Full article here.
- And finally, former NUFC striker Nile Ranger is back in trouble once again, with Southend manager Phil Brown admitting that he missed his side’s 1-1 draw at MK Dons last night due to a “disciplinary procedure” – Read full story here.
(Fancy writing for us? Send any articles/ideas over to us at [email protected] & we’ll get back to you!)