A round up of all of today’s takeover news and NUFC gossip:
- Rafa Benitez has handed NUFC fans a huge boost ahead of tomorrow’s crucial game against Watford, declaring that Mikel Merino is now fit and ready to start after a month on the sidelines – Read his comments on Merino’s fitness here.
- Speaking in today’s pre-match press conference ahead of tomorrow’s visit of Watford, Benitez has spoken out about the takeover speculation, admitting that he is fully aware of the news, but remaining adamant that it does not affect him or any of his players – even if bids are submitted or rejected – Read his full response here.
- Rafa has also admitted this afternoon that the January window will be ‘difficult’ for NUFC -even if new owners are in place – explaining that our spending won’t change ‘too much’ due to the financial fair play rules in place.
- With a potential takeover in mind, here’s FIVE reasons why Ashley is much more likely to sell up at NUFC this time – read the full article here.
- According to Home Office figures released today, Newcastle fans have been found to have the most football banning orders in the country for the third year running – with 111 bans in place against supporters at present being almost double that of any other Premier League side (West Ham – 57) – Read full story here.
- Mikel Merino has given an exclusive interview with NUFC TV, opening up about the back injury that has kept him out for the past month – Read his comments in full here.
- Ahead of this weekend’s visit of Watford, former full-back Daryl Janmaat looks set to miss out on the Hornets matchday squad once again – providing another example that the grass isn’t always greener on the other side ahead of his return to St James’ Park – Read the full story here.
- And finally, The Opposition Opinion returns ahead of tomorrow’s game at St James’ Park – here’s our intriguing chat with a Watford fan to whet your appetite for the big game – Read the full pre-match interview here.