A round up of all of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Rafa Benitez has confirmed that Jamaal Lascelles, Christian Atsu and Paul Dummett will all miss out once again for our crucial trip to West Brom, however midfield duo Mikel Merino and Isaac Hayden could be set to return to the starting 11 – Read full comments here.
- According to The Telegraph, Newcastle United are now talking to ‘another interested party’ as well as Amanda Staveley and PCP, suggesting that a bidding war could be upon us with more than one party looking to take NUFC from Mike Ashley’s hands – Read full story here.
- Rafa Benitez has pleaded with fans to stay behind out of form striker Joselu, claiming he is ‘giving everything’ and ‘doing a great job for the team’, so will only become more nervous and make more mistakes if we don’t support him – Read his message to fans here.
- Alan Shearer hasn’t held back in his assessment of our awful 3-0 defeat to Watford on Saturday, describing some of our defending as an ’embarrassment’ and admitting that it could’ve been much more than three if they had their shooting boots on – Read his rant in full here.
- Following Rafa Benitez’s pretty candid press conference and comments yesterday, we’ve looked here just why Mike Ashley MUST leave NUFC if we’re to have any success in the coming years – Read full article here.
- Ahead of tonight’s trip to West Brom, we’ve looked at FOUR players who could well be dropped for tonight game – Read our full article here.
- With changes expected tonight, here’s the NUFC XI we’d love to see Rafa start at West Brom tonight – Read it here and let us know if you agree!
- And finally, ‘The Opposition Opinion’ is back once again for tonight’s trip to The Hawthorns – See here for our full chat with a Baggies fan ahead of tonight’s bid game. An interesting read folks!