A round up of all of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- NUFC have released some exciting news for everyone attending Saturday’s crucial game against Leicester, with the club confirming it’s exciting plans to celebrate the 125th year anniversary at St. James’ Park and around the city – CLICK HERE to see full summary of what you can expect to see in and around the ground on Saturday!
- Jamaal Lascelles has provided an update on his fitness ahead of Saturday’s game with Leicester, revealing that he is hopeful of returning from injury this weekend – Read the skippers full comments on his potential return here.
- North-East correspondent Craig Hope has revealed that Mike Ashley is willing to listen IF Amanda Staveley returns with an offer of £300m for NUFC – Read full story here for a promising update on the takeover front.
- Speaking on TalkSport this morning, David Ginola has warned NUFC fans that the club’s biggest priority this January has to be keeping Rafa Benitez, not signing new players – claiming that it would be ‘very difficult’ for us to keep him if a big club now came knocking.
- Former Liverpool MD Christian Purslow has told Sky Sports News that our poor run of form will most likely mean that the club won’t be sold until the end of the season now – explaining why Ashley may have missed his window to sell and off put Staveley – Read his full chat to on Sky here.
- The Chronicle revealed yesterday that a new goalkeeper is still on Benitez’s shopping list ahead of the January window, with them sharing that Adrian, Reina, Vorm and Casilla are FOUR goalkeepers on Rafa’s radar this winter – Read full transfer story here.
- According to The Mirror, Newcastle winger Rolando Aarons in a man in demand, with Crystal Palace, Huddersfield and Aston Villa set to battle for his signature in January after seeing his game-time limited under Rafa Benitez so far this season – Read full story here.
And finally, we’ve looked at SIX players Rafa could sell this winter to raise funds for January spending – Read full article here.