A round up of all of today’s news and gossip:
- Widespread reports today that Rafa Benitez has struck a loan deal for Chelsea’s Kenedy – with the left-sided Brazilian set to join in January providing Chelsea suffer no injuries in that area. Read full story here.
- According to the the Chronicle, Rafa Benitez will look to cash in on both Aleksandar Mitrovic and Chancel Mbemba in January – with the club said to have been ‘inundated’ with offers for Serbian striker. Full story here.
- Rafa Benitez is a ‘key part’ of Amanda Staveley’s interest in the club according to the Times, with her and PCP Capital Partners threatening to ‘lose interest’ if he were to leave – sending a clear warning to Mike Ashley that he must remain in charge despite our desperate run of form. Full story here.
- According to TeamTalk, highly-rated Bristol City defender Joe Bryan is interesting both ourselves and Everton ahead of the January transfer window – the man rated as ‘the best left-back in the Championship’. Read full transfer exclusive here.
- According to the Northern Echo, Newcastle will attempt to pull off an audacious double deal in January by lodging loan offers for Chelsea’s David Luiz and Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge. – Read full story here.
- Sunderland fans have reacted to news earlier this week that NUFC midfielder Jack Colback could be heading back to Wearside in January and they make for amusing reading! – Read some of the best ones here.
- The Chronicle have revealed a list of FIVE strikers that could be on Rafa Benitez’s radar next month – Besiktas’ Cenk Tosun, Leicester’s Islam Slimani, Liverpool’s Danny Ings, West Ham’s Andy Carroll and Porto’s Vincent Aboubakar. – Read full story here.
- According to the Mirror, Rafa Benitez has the full backing of the club’s board despite our recent slump in form and could get ‘up to £40m‘ to spend next month IF a deal can be agreed between Mike Ashley and Amanda Staveley in the coming weeks. Full story here.
Finally, a warning from Simon to any NUFC fans calling for Benitez to be sacked – “Think Rafa is the problem? Think again. A message to any NUFC fan calling for Benitez’s head” – Read the opinionated full piece here.