A round up of all of today’s news and gossip:
- Some very big claims have arrived on the takeover front in an exclusive from the Mail’s Craig Hope, with it being revealed that a second Middle East investor has now joined Amanda Staveley in the chase to buy Newcastle United from Mike Ashley. Read full story here.
- According to Sky sources, Newcastle have offered Chancel Mbemba to West Ham – and the Hammers are said to be ‘happy’ to include striker Diafra Sakho in any potential deal for the centre-back. Full story here.
- Jamaal Lascelles has hit back at Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher following the Sky pundits criticism of Newcastle in the 1-0 home defeat to Man City over the festive period, stating he was close to ‘going for it’ on social media to defend our performance! Read his comments here.
- Perhaps not the striker we were hoping to sign this summer, but North-East correspondent Craig Hope has revealed that Newcastle are set to open talks with Young Boys striker Yannick Toure in the next 24 hours. Read full story here.
- NUFC skipper Jamaal Lascelles has revealed some telling home truths about former manager Steve McClaren – admitting that the ex-NUFC boss was once overruled by his players when he asked them to get off the team bus and go for a walk! Read his telling tale about McClaren here.
- The Chronicle claim NUFC could sell Jonjo Shelvey and have revealed FIVE players that Rafa could look at if he was to cash in on midfielder – Read full list here.
- According to reports in France, Newcastle have seen a derisory offer of €6m (£5.3m) dismissed by Rennes for Congolese forward Firmin Mubele. Read full story here.
- Paul Merson has predicted Newcastle will beat Swansea at St James’ Park on Saturday – however the Sky pundit does believe it’s a must win for us, stating we’ll be in ‘big trouble’ if we fail to take all three points. Read his comments in full here.
- And finally, Simon has send a strong message to the NUFC owner in a brilliant featured piece today – “A message to Mike Ashley: Sort it out or risk relegation AGAIN” – Read the full article here.