A round up of all of today’s news and gossip:
- Some big claims from the Chronicle today, who claim that the club are now ‘in talks’ with an unnamed striker who could become our new club record signing if all goes well – also an update on the Kenedy deal – Full story here.
- Wondering who this mystery striker might just be? We’ve came up with 10 forwards who may just fit the bill for NUFC – See them all here.
- As reported by the Times over the weekend, Newcastle United are preparing to open talks with Rafa Benítez about a new long-term contract – however the NUFC boss has asked the board to focus on new signings before any discussions begin over his future according to the Chronicle today. – Full story here.
- In her latest interview in UAE publication The National, Amanda Staveley has admitted that Mike Ashley has a right to demand £350m for NUFC if he believes it is worth that – but admits that such a price could end up scaring off potential bidders – Read her comments here.
- The Daily Mail report that former Chelsea and current Borussia Dortmund forward Andre Schurrle has been offered to a host of Premier League clubs – with ourselves and Stoke now said to be considering a move. Full story here .
- According to the Chronicle, Slovakia international goalkeeper Martin Dúbravka is ‘keen’ to join Newcastle this month and they claim that the Sparta Prague stopper could even sign on loan before our FA Cup trip to Chelsea on Sunday. Full story here.
- According to the Daily Mail, Rafa Benitez has made a move to sign Everton striker Sandro Ramirez on loan until the end of the season – and today, the club have ‘refused to dismiss’ our interest in the Spaniard according to the Chronicle. Full story here.
- Some interesting claims from Sky Sports, who state that West Brom’s Alan Pardew has made the signing of Aleksandar Mitrovic his ‘number one priority’ over the remainder of the January transfer window. Full story here.