A round up of all of today’s news and gossip:
- After a few days of mystery, the unnamed striker NUFC are in talks with has been confirmed to be Feyenoord striker Nicolais Jorgensen – Read the latest on the club’s pursuit of him here. (CLICK HERE to see the Danish goal-machine in action!)
- Another name has also emerged on the striker front however, with the Mirror claiming that is is Leicester’s Islam Slimani who we are in talks with over a potential club record deal – Full story here.
- It has been revealed that Brighton’s bid for Aleksandar Mitrovic was just £8m – Read a Brighton fan’s interesting views on idea signing the Serbian here.
- Following confirmation of Kenedy’s loan arrival last night, Rafa Benitez has told NUFC fans just why he signed him and what to expect from the Brazilian – Read Rafa’s thoughts here.
- Less than 24 hours after the loan signing of Chelsea’s Kenedy has been announced, Sky pundit Paul Merson has already had a pop – mocking his performance against Norwich last week and claiming he should spend more time focusing on his football than getting new tattoos! Read his comments here.
- The Chronicle have revealed today that Rafa Benitez has no intention of selling Jonjo Shelvey – with the club set to rebuff all attempts from West Ham United this month – Full story here.
- According to leading German outlet SPORT BILD, representatives from Newcastle and Stoke have been spotted watching in-form Hertha Berlin striker Davie Selke. – Full story here.