A round up of all of today’s news and gossip:
- An update on Islam Slimani’s fitness has been given following initial talk that he could be missing for 2 weeks with a groin problem – Full story here.
- A True Faith press forum took place last night, with several NUFC supporters getting the opportunity to ask questions and gain insights from some of the top North-East journalists covering all things Newcastle United – See all the best bits here.
- The fan-led protest group behind the AshleyOut.com have released their latest rant at Mike Ashley, calling out the NUFC owner for gambling on the club’s Premier League status following a lack of investment over the January transfer window. Full story here.
- Newcastle United new-boy Martin Dubravka has given fans an interesting insight into his style of play during his first interview as an NUFC player, revealing how he loves to play out from the back – Read his comments in full here.
- Rafa Benitez has been speaking to the press today ahead of Sunday’s trip to Crystal Palace, with the Spaniard giving injury updates on Slimani and Martin Dubravka, also discussing Diame, Kenedy, Palace and Mitrovic’s deadline day exit – Full quotes here.
- After arriving on loan during a busy deadline day, we’ve got in touch with a Leicester City fan whose told us everything we need to know about Islam Slimani – and it’s a VERY interesting read on NUFC’s new striker – Full article here.
- Following his surprise deadline day move to Craven Cottage, we’ve taken a look at how Fulham fans have taken to their new signing Aleksandar Mitrovic – and their responses to the signing are very interesting. Read them here.
- Back to Slimani, the Mirror revealed last night just how West Ham’s Karen Brady cocked up their chances of signing the Algerian from Leicester on Wednesday. An amusing story and one that benefited us greatly! – Read it here.
Ahead of Sunday’s trip to Palace, Simon has previewed and predicted the results of our three crucial games to come this month – Read his piece in full here.
And finally, my response to fans who had questioned Rafa’s decision to send out Mitrovic and bring in Slimani on deadline – “My take on some baffling fan reactions to Mitrovic & Slimani moves” – Read the full piece here.