A round up of all of today’s news and gossip:
- During his latest column for the Sun, Alan Shearer has admitted that he expects Rafa Benitez to leave in the summer, but does believe that we will stay up this season – Read his bold predictions here.
- Graeme Souness claims that he ‘very much doubts’ Mike Ashley would lied to Benitez, suggesting a man of Rafa’s experience should have asked how much he had to spend on new players and been aware of the owners stance – Read the Sky pundit’s incredible comments here.
- Feyenoord striker and top January target Nicolai Jorgensen has opened up about our interest in him over the past month, stating it was a ‘big offer’, but stating there was ‘a lot of talking’, but a deal was ‘never really close’ – Watch his interview here.
- Following his deadline day loan move to Nottingham Forest, Jack Colback has hit back at Rafa Benitez and NUFC, saying there has been ‘no respect’ shown to him ‘whatsoever’ at Newcastle United recently – Read Colback’s quotes here.
- Speaking on Match of the Day 2 last night, Jermaine Jenas suggested that Rafa Benitez got it wrong bringing off Kenedy early in the second half – See what he had to say here.
- After both missed out of the entire squad in the 1-1 draw with Crystal Palace, Rafa Benitez has revealed that he is confident that Islam Slimani will be ready to face Man Utd on Sunday – also confirming why Joselu was not involved at Palace – See Rafa’s injury update here.
- In a ridiculous rant a Rafa Benitez, Jamie Redknapp claims the NUFC boss must ‘stop complaining’ and prove he’s such a good manager as he says he is by keeping us up this season – See the Sky pundits incredible comments here.
- Following the latest sacking at Elland Road, the Mirror report today that ex-NUFC boss Steve McClaren could be in line to take over at Leeds United – Full story here.
- Jamie Carragher has branded Newcastle United a ‘shambles’ during the pundits appearance on Sky yesterday, also having a pop at our deadline day signing of Islam Slimani – Read his comments and full article here.