A round up of all of today’s news and gossip:
- After yesterday’s big win over Manchester United at St James’ Park, Rafa Benitez gave a brilliant response when asked if this was his biggest win as manager of NUFC – with him saying ‘hopefully not’, because there’ll be even better ones in the future! Read it here.
- Speaking to the BBC following yesterday’s incredible victory over Man United, Alan Shearer has told Jose Mourinho that he was ‘totally wrong’ in saying that our 1-0 win relied on luck – stating why we were ‘anything but lucky’ – Read his comments here.
- The Chronicle have revealed today that NUFC already have a deal in place that will enable us to sign goalkeeping hero Martin Dubravka for just £3.5m if we wish to do so at the end of the season. Full story here.
- After being missing from the squad entirely in yesterday’s 1-0 win over Man Utd, it has been revealed that Islam Slimani was ‘close’ to being involved but Benitez didn’t want to risk him – with the Chronicle confirming he’ll be available for the game at Bournemouth in 2 weeks if he suffers no setbacks in training. Full story here.
- There was some euphoric scenes around St James’ Park following yesterday’s huge 1-0 win over Mourinho’s Man Utd, however there was a brilliant moment we picked that you may have missed during the post-match celebrations. See Benitez’s moment of brilliance here.
- According to ‘Scouts in Attendance’, Newcastle had representatives watching Portimonense’s game against Benfica on Saturday, suggesting Rafa Benitez may have his eye on a player from the Portuguese giants.
- FIVE massive positives to take from yesterday’s big win over Man Utd – Read some of the big plus points to come out of yesterday’s win here.
- For a closer look back at yesterday’s game, we’ve assessed each players performance with our weekly player ratings piece after the sensational 1-0 win over Man Utd. See them all here.