A round up of all of today’s news and gossip:
- After one of his best performances in a black and white shirt on Sunday, Jonjo Shelvey has opened up about his personal battles this season, explaining why the ‘penny has finally dropped’ for him at NUFC. Read his brilliant interview here.
- The Mirror have revealed that it was West Ham’s Joe Hart who could’ve been between the sticks at St James’ instead of Martin Dubravka, explaining how Rafa Benitez made an unsuccessful attempt to sign him on loan last month – Full story here.
- Rafa Benitez has suggested that Jack Colback’s comments about his unfair treatment at NUFC were completely false, stating that he and the club treat the midfielder with ‘total respect’ despite his claims that suggested otherwise. Full story here.
- It seems we may have dodged a bullet in missing out to West Brom for Liverpool loanee Daniel Sturridge last month, with the injury riddled striker being forced off with a hamstring strain after just 3 minutes during their 3-0 defeat at Chelsea last night. Full story here.
- Speaking about Sunday’s win over Man Utd on Sky’s Monday Night Football last night, Jamie Carragher has praised Dwight Gayle for his brilliant assist for Matt Ritchie’s goal, but admitted the striker is still ‘not up to the standard’ required to play for Newcastle United. Read his mixed comments on the NUFC striker here.
- With the new TV deal imminent for all Premier League clubs, the Chronicle have explained today why it looks set to be particularly key for NUFC and a potential takeover – Read why here.
- After seeing his performance at St James’ Park on Sunday and watching the game back again since, we’ve looked at why Martin Dubravka could be anything but a one-hit wonder for NUFC – Read our in-depth piece on the Slovakian stopper here.
- And finally, Simon has taken a look back at the Man Utd win, explaining here why it was so much more than 3 points for Newcastle United. Read his interesting observations here in this positive piece on NUFC.