A round up of all of today’s news & gossip:
- It has been confirmed by the club that Newcastle will play Belgian side Royal Antwerp in a mid-season friendly on Sunday 18th March in Spain – a 135 minute match that will consist of “three sessions of 45 minutes each” – Full story here.
- According to the London Evening Standard, Rafa Benitez wants to sign Kenedy on a permanent basis this summer and is already planning talks with Chelsea at the end of the season – Full story here.
- Rafa Benitez has hit back at Aleksandar Mitrovic’s suggestion that his ‘tactical’ style of play in our promotion season didn’t suit him, explaining why he does not believe this was the case and addressing his NUFC future – Full story here.
- After being quizzed on Kenedy’s future at the club, Rafa Benitez has admitted that fans should ‘enjoy him while he is here’, stating he has ‘no idea’ if the club will be able to keep him once he returns to Chelsea at the end of the season.
- After being quizzed on Kenedy’s future at the club, Rafa Benitez has admitted that fans should ‘enjoy him while he is here’, stating he has ‘no idea’ if the club will be able to keep him once he returns to Chelsea at the end of the season – Full story here.
- Ex-Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher has been suspended by Sky Sports after being filmed spitting on a 14-year-old girl – just three years after he slated Papiss Cisse for his infamous incident with Man Utd’s Jonny Evans in 2015 – Full story here.
- Ayoze Perez has dedicated Saturday’s 3-0 win over Southampton to his late grandma, admitting on social media that it has been a hard week for him following the passing of someone he described to be ‘a second mother’ to him – See his post here.
- Newcastle United are believed to be pushing to secure a deal to sign Javairo Dilrosun this summer – the highly-rated Man City winger who is out of contract this summer after failing to agree a contract with the club – Full story here.
- According to the Chronicle’s Mark Douglas, Rafa Benitez is already eyeing the possibility of securing Kenedy on a season-long loan deal next season – but admits that he would cost ‘big money’ if we wished to sign him permanently – Full story here.