A round up of all of today’s news & gossip:
- Some good news from the Chronicle today, who’ve revealed that Rafa Benitez has made the signing of a new number 10 one of his top priorities at Newcastle United this summer – Full story here.
- On the subject of attacking midfielder’s, it has also been revealed today that Benitez has had NUFC scouts watch Salzburg’s Valon Berisha and Bestikas’ Oguzhan Ozyakup recently – Full story here.
- Good news has arrived ahead of Saturday’s game, with Matt Ritchie now back in training and expected to be fine for this weekend, whilst Islam Slimani now in contention to make his debut after featuring for Algeria last night – Full story here.
- NUFC loanee Aleksandar Mitrovic was back amongst the goals once against last night, scoring twice in Serbia’s 2-0 win over Nigeria last night – WATCH both goals here.
- Serbia manager Mladen Krstajic has since launched a surprise attack on Newcastle United, claiming Aleksandar Mitrovic will move to a ‘bigger and better club’ after his loan move with Fulham ends this summer – Full story here.
- Rafa Benitez has explained how several NUFC fans got it wrong with Mo Diame, defending his use of the Senegalese star as a No 10 and central midfielder since his arrival £4.5m arrival from Hull almost two years ago – Read Rafa’s comments in full here.
- After 10 weeks out of action, Islam Slimani finally made his return to action during Algeria’s friendly with Iran last night – however NUFC fans who tuned in have described him as ‘lacking movement’ and looking ‘severely unfit’ – Full story here.
- Saturday’s opponents Huddersfield have been hit with a sudden spate of injuries ahead of their trip to St James’ Park, with star midfielder Aaron Mooy now one of several players looking likely to miss out on this weekend’s crucial game – Full story here.
- And finally, yesterday marked Joselu’s 28th birthday, a day of celebration for the NUFC striker – however some sections of ‘supporters’ chose this as an opportunity to hurl abuse at the Spaniard on social media – See their disgraceful comments here.