A round up of all of today’s news & gossip:
- According to the the Mirror’s Simon Bird, Rafa Benitez is now demanding ‘written guarantees’ over his future transfer budgets and power at the club – having been ‘let down’ by ‘verbal agreements’ over the last year – Full story here.
- Despite a late appeal, it’s been confirmed today that Islam Slimani WILL face a three-match ban for violent conduct – and some NUFC fans since explained why the striker’s loan spell hasn’t been as useless as some are suggesting – Full story here.
- During a recent piece on the areas Newcastle will be looking to strengthen this summer, the Chronicle have revealed TWO players on Rafa Benitez’s radar – Norwich winger Josh Murphy and Sampdoria star Dennis Praet – Full story here.
- Following the release of the Fans Forum minutes yesterday, Newcastle fans have been left angered by the club’s decision NOT to extend St James’ Park – with their justification for this appearing to make no sense whatsoever – Full story here.
- French League expert Nathan Staples has tipped Rafa Benitez to reignite his interest in ex-target Nicolas Pepe – the Ivorian forward who could be available this summer despite an impressive season with Lille – Full story here.
- Man City manager and Barcelona legend Pep Guardiola has admitted that he was once desperate to sign for Newcastle United – only for Bobby Robson to decline after the Spaniard sent letters to Tyneside in a bid to persuade him! – Full story here.
- After claims that both Fulham and Swansea were eyeing a summer swoop for Dwight Gayle, the Chronicle have revealed that the striker has no intention of leaving St James’ Park – Full story here.
- According to the Mail, West Brom’s Nacer Chadli will be available to buy for £17m this summer should the Baggies go down – a player Rafa Benitez may consider as we look to bolster our attacking midfield options this summer – Full story here.
- And finally, we’ve been in touch with a Chelsea fan to discuss his thoughts on Kenedy and his potential permanent switch to NUFC this summer – Full story here.