A round up of all of today’s news & gossip:
- Gareth Southgate has named the 23-man squad he will be taking to the World Cup in Russia next month and, surprise surprise, there’s no room for either Jonjo Shelvey or Jamaal Lascelles – See full squad here.
- West Ham have confirmed that David Moyes has left the club, and it has emerged since that Rafa Benitez is at the ‘top of their list’ as far as replacements go – but fear not NUFC fans – Full story here.
- Galatasaray’s vice-president Ali Araboglu has confirmed that the club will demand €30m (£26m) for NUFC target Garry Rodrigues following his recent rise to form – Full story here.
- Some amusing news for us NUFC fans this today, with confirmation that Everton have SACKED Sam Allardyce– leaving the ex-Newcastle boss ‘shocked, disappointed and disgusted’ by the club – Full story here.
- Gareth Southgate has picked his England squad for the upcoming World Cup and NUFC fans aren’t happy. Not only has Fabian Delph been picked over Shelvey for the 23-man squad, both Jake Livermore and Lewis Cook have been chosen over the NUFC midfielder as reserve options! – Full story here.
- Fulham are said to be ‘desperate’ to make Aleksandar Mitrovic’s loan move permanent, however the Chronicle claim they could be set to face competition for Marseille, Wolves, Brighton, Bordeaux and Anderlecht for his signature – Full story here.
- Paul Merson has hit the nail on the head when discussing Jonjo Shelvey’s England hopes, sarcastically stating that we’re going to win the World Cup this summer if Gareth Southgate thinks he 7 midfielders better than Jonjo Shelvey! – Full story here.
- According to TEAMtalk, Rafa Benitez will look to sell Joselu this summer – the Spanish striker who’s scored just 4 goals all season since arriving from Stoke last August – Full story here.
- During a piece that looking at how Benitez’s NUFC could look next season if Rafa got his way, the Chronicle have revealed that a ‘dream target’ of his is David Luiz – the Chelsea man he made an unsuccessful attempt to sign in January – Full story here.