A round up of all of today’s news & transfer gossip:
- According to Football Ghana, Newcastle United have made ‘big progress’ in a bid to secure the £8m signing of highly-rated Young Boys centre-back Kasim Nuhu – Full story here.
- It has been revealed in the Daily Mirror today that Newcastle have slapped a £20m asking price on the head of Aleksandar Mitrovic this summer – Full story here.
- Rafa Benitez has issued a ‘sales pitch’ to Kenedy to bring the Brazilian back to Newcastle his summer – and the Chronicle also claim that talk of Antonio Conte staying at Chelsea could be set to increase our chances of bringing him back – Full story here.
- Just three days after our interest in signing Fulham’s Ryan Fredericks was confirmed, it has emerged today that West Ham have pipped us to the post, agreeing a deal to sign the right-back on a free transfer – Full story here.
- Mikel Merino has played down a move away from Newcastle this summer, revealing how he’s striving to become an ‘important player’ at the club and looking forward to what he predicts to be a ‘really good season’ in 2018/19 – Full story here.
- Speaking to the Brazilian press, Kenedy has hinted that he would prefer to return to Newcastle and continue playing in the Premier League – suggesting he may go back to sitting on the bench if he returns to Chelsea – Full story here.
- According to the Chronicle, Karl Darlow has now entered talks with the club over a potential contract extension – suggesting he will be staying at St James’ Park this summer despite reports that he was all set to be sold – Full story here.
- Sassuolo centre-back Gian Marco Ferrari ‘could be an option’ for Newcastle this summer according to the Chronicle, after Italian reports linked him with a move to St James’ Park – Full story here.
- And finally, Sunderland fan Robert Hall has called for both Mags & Mackems to tone down the ‘aggressive & abusive’ hatred between the two clubs, asking ‘is it all really necessary?’ – admitting that he actually has a soft spot for NUFC – Full story here.