A round up of all of today’s news & transfer gossip:
- According to Le10Sport, Newcastle United have had a bid rejected to sign Lille midfielder Thiago Maia – the Brazilian international who has been catching the eye in the French league last season – Full story here.
- According to the London Evening Standard, Tottenham are set to rival Chelsea for ‘key target’ Jamaal Lascelles this summer – however it’s claimed that it’ll take an offer ‘in the region of £45m‘ to sign him – Full story here.
- An independent panel has found that Newcastle U-23 coach Peter Beardsley WAS guilty of discrimination towards youngster Yasin Ben El-Mhanni – and the 57-year-old has been hit with a five-month suspension as a result – Full story here.
- Just a week ago the Chronicle confirmed that Fulham full-back Ryan Fredericks was a summer target of Rafa’s, however, it’s been confirmed that the 25-year-old has signed a four-year-deal with West Ham on a free – Full story here.
- According to the Liverpool Echo, Everton are NOT in the market to sign Jamaal Lascelles this summer – just days after it was reported that they were readying a £30m bid – Full story here.
- In an amusing interview from the ex-NUFC midfielder, Fleetwood Town manager Joey Barton has admitted he’s looking forward to testing his ‘tactical wits against the might of Sunderland’ – See his comments and Sunderland fan’s reaction here.
- With our squad in major need of trimming, it will come as welcome news to Rafa Benitez that Massaido Haidara, Jesus Gamez, Chancel Mbemba and Matz Sels all look set seal permanent moves away St James’ Park this week – Full story here.
- A few years on from mocking our relegation, Aston Villa are in a bit of a pickle, having suspended CEO Keith Wyness as HMRC threaten to hit the club with winding-up order –Full story here.
- And finally, we’ve gathered some intriguing views from Everton fans after claims they are eyeing a £30m move to sign Jamaal Lascelles – See them all here.