A round up of all of today’s news & transfer gossip:
- Some intriguing reports have emerged from Turkey today, claiming Newcastle officials have met with Fenerbahce to negotiate a deal for Martin Skrtel – the defender Rafa Benitez brought to Liverpool several years ago – Full story here.
- Galatasaray winger and long-term target Garry Rodrigues has effectively ruled himself out of a move to NUFC – stating he does not want to leave and will NOT accept an offer from a team who aren’t playing in the Champions League – Full story here.
- According to the Chronicle, Newcastle are interested in signing Aston Villa star Jack Grealish and could look to strike a deal with the talented England U-21 international as a result of their current financial crisis – Full story here.
- In a worrying update from the Chronicle, it’s been revealed today that Mike Ashley is demanding that Rafa Benitez signs a new long-term contract before he’ll hand him money to spend this summer – leading to a stand off between the two – Full story here.
- According to the Northern Echo, Newcastle’s hopes of signing Kenedy from Chelsea are starting to fade, leaving Rafa Benitez to consider alternative options – See the FOUR wingers he’s believed to be looking at in reserve here.
- Newcastle United are considering a move to bring Yannick Bolasie to St James’ Park according to the Mirror, with Everton boss Marco Silva understood to be willing to cash in on the winger this summer – Full story here.
- Just a year after being sold by Rafa Benitez, former NUFC full-back Kevin Mbabu is believed to be attracting interest from Manchester United according to reports in Switzerland – Full story here.
- According to the Sun’s Alan Nixon, Stoke City have lodged an inquiry to sign Dwight Gayle – however have been swiftly told that the striker has no interest in leaving Newcastle United this summer – Full story here.
- And finally, Simon has taken some of the key points from the Chronicle’s revealing piece on Jesus Gamez, revealing just why he struggled during his two years on Tyneside – Full story here.