A round up of all of today’s news & transfer gossip:
- According to the Chronicle, Newcastle have insisted that neither Mikel Merino or Dwight Gayle will be sold until a replacement is signed by Rafa Benitez.
- Newcastle United have lodged an opening offer of around £11.5m to sign Juventus midfielder Stefan Sturaro according to reports in Italy – Full story here.
- According to the Chronicle’s Lee Ryder, Newcastle are yet to make an approach for Swansea’s Jordan Ayew, whilst a deal for Salomon Rondon could be too costly – despite Rafa Benitez showing an interest in the West Brom striker – Full story here.
- Rafa Benitez has been handed an initial £40m to spend this summer according to Lee Ryder, but that figure looks set to be topped up significantly from player sales – meaning he *could* have a healthy budget if all goes to plan – Full story here.
- Newcastle are interested in the signing of Swansea forward Jordan Ayew according to Football Ghana, who claim we could beat Fulham to the signing of £13m-rated forward – Full story here.
- According to an exclusive from TEAMtalk, Newcastle are ‘leading the race’ to sign Jean-Philippe Mateta – the highly-rated Lyon striker who scored 19 goals in Ligue 2 last season – Full story here.
- The Chronicle have revealed that Kenedy isn’t the only Chelsea player Rafa Benitez is keen to sign this summer – with Newcastle ‘monitoring’ Ruben Loftus-Cheek’s situation ahead of a potential loan move this summer – Full story here.
- With the club believed to be watching Croatia’s Andrej Kramaric and Denmark’s Nicolai Jorgensen at this summer’s World Cup, it has emerged today that Newcastle will have to fork out over £20m if they want either – Full story here.
- According to the Chronicle, Fulham are now in talks to sign ex-NUFC stopper Tim Krul – meaning the Dutchman could be set to join Aleksandar Mitrovic at Craven Cottage this summer – Full story here.