A round up of all of today’s news & transfer gossip:
- Ahead of tomorrow’s pre-season friendly, Rafa Benitez has hinted that Newcastle’s ‘clever’ fans already ‘know more or less what is going on’ behind the scenes at NUFC – however he has urged them to support the team and ‘help’ the players – Full story here.
- According to The Chronicle’s Mark Douglas, Newcastle hold ‘no interest’ in Lyon’s Myziane Maolida or Anderlecht’s Isaac Kiese Thelin – however the club have been quoted a fee of £7m after showing interest in PSG’s Stanley N’Soki – Full story here.
- According to The Mirror, West Brom now look set to demand up to £25m for Salomon Rondon after the striker’s £16.5m clause expired on Thursday – a move that will almost certainly end our interest if true – Full story here.
- Following the formation of ‘The Magpie Group’, it has emerged that Newcastle fans will now be ‘protesting in numbers’ at Northumberland Street’s Sports Direct before our opening day of the season clash with Spurs – Full story here.
- Adam Armstrong looks set to seal a move away from St James’ Park if today’s reports are to be believed, with The Sun claiming he’s now closing in on a £3m switch to Blackburn – Full story here.
- According to Spanish outlet ‘MARCA’, Newcastle are now interesting in bringing former full-back Kevin Mbabuback to the club – just a year on from letting him go – Full story here.
- Sky Sports reject Richard Keys has launched an unbelievable attack on Rafa Benitez following the Spaniard’s damning comments on the situation at Newcastle United this week – stating he should ‘Shut up’ or ‘walk’ – Full story here.
- According to The Mail, former Arsenal full-back Kieran Gibbs is a player of interest to Rafa Benitez, however they claim a deal to sign him could be ‘beyond’ his current budget – something that just doesn’t add up – Full story here.
- And finally – we could be writing all day if we were to list the negatives at NUFC at the moment, but here’s a look at some positives ( yes there are some!) to come out of pre-season so far – Full story here.