A round up of all of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Rafa Benitez has sent a message to Newcastle fans following Saturday’s disappointing 2-1 defeat to Arsenal at St James’ Park, urging the Toon Army to stay ‘United’ – insisting that we are much stronger when everyone sticks together – Full story here.
- George Caulkin has taken to Twitter to suggest just why Newcastle have endured such an uninspiring start to the new season, believing there is no longer a ’cause to get behind’- Full story here.
- It’s fair to say very few impressed in Saturday’s 2-1 defeat to Arsenal, but one player who can come away with his head held high in NUFC new boy Federico Fernandez – Full story here.
- According to The Chronicle, both Manchester United and Celtic scouts were present to watch top NUFC talents Sean Longstaff and Freddie Woodman during the U-23’s defeat to Southampton last week – Full story here.
- After attending Saturday’s game at St James’ Park, Arsenal fan James Pearce has admitted why he was left so ‘shocked’ by Newcastle’s performance – Full story here.
- Celtic captain Scott Brown has admitted that he received an offer from Newcastle back in 2010 – a deal most NUFC fans are relieved didn’t go through – Full story here.
- According to The Mirror, Aleksandar Mitrovic has now emerged as a target for Chelsea – with the Blues believed to be one of several clubs who have been highly impressed by the Serbian so far this season – Full story here.