A round up of all of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- According to the Shields Gazette’s Miles Starforth, Mike Ashley is ready to lower his asking price in a bid to finally sell up at St James’ Park – with it now claimed that he will consider bids in the region of £300m – Full story here.
- A theory has emerged from several Newcastle fans following claims today that Mike Ashley has now lowered his asking price to around £300m, with many believing that is simply propaganda in a bid to see to the protests die down – Full story here.
- Freddie Woodman future at Newcastle is now in ‘doubt’ according to North-East reporter Miles Starforth – with the England U-21 goalkeeper left ‘unhappy’ that the club refused to sanction a loan move away for him this summer – Full story here.
- The Magpie Group have urged Newcastle fans to ‘keep the pressure on’ Mike Ashley – with them having ‘no reason to believe’ claims today that the NUFC owner has reduced his asking price to £300m – Full story here.
- After claims from the local press that Mike Ashley is ready to lower his asking price, a recent revelation from Mark Douglas has become all the more relevant – suggesting he will only accept £300m if it included ‘no clauses’ – Full story here.
- Following protests outside St James’ Park on Saturday, NUFC fans have been asked to come up with new ideas to get rid of Mike Ashley – See some of best responses here.
“Mike Ashley will sell Newcastle United” – Here’s why guest writer Chris Ozdronez believes this is finally the end of the line for the NUFC – with the ‘fear of loss’ now outweighing the ‘desire to gain’ – Read piece in full here.
- And finally, why this may be the real test of Amanda Staveley’s true colours if news of Mike Ashley’s revised price tag proves to be true – Full story here.