A round up of all of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Rafa Benitez has already hinted that he will not have much money to spend in January – suggesting that he might have to find someone ‘similar’ but ‘cheaper’ than his first choice targets – Full story here.
- Tony Jimenez has hit back at Kevin Keegan – claiming he ‘lost the plot’ whenever he was questioned, turned down the chance to sign the likes of Karim Benzema and Hatem Ben Arfa and said Andy Carroll would ‘never make it’ – Full story here.
- Former Newcastle United defender Jesus Gamez has admitted that Rafa Benitez ‘didn’t contribute anything’ to him during his two-year stint at St James’ Park – saying the Spaniard is someone he ‘doesn’t like talking about’ – Full story here.
- Jamaal Lascelles has praised NUFC new boy Federico Fernandez, describing him as a ‘top centre-half’ and claiming that we will do ‘very well defensively’ this season if they can continue playing as well as they did on Saturday – Full story here.
- As revealed in Kevin Keegan’s new book, Mike Ashley told a courtroom that he’s ‘never’ looked at the club’s website and would rather read the Beano than the club’s own programmes – Full story here.
- Leicester City winger Demarai Gray has suffered a suspected broken leg during their Carabao Cup clash with Wolves last night – meaning he will almost certainly miss Saturday’s game at St James’ Park – Full story here.
- Rafa Benitez has been charged by the FA for pre-match comments about Andre Marriner prior to Saturday’s clash with Crystal Palace – Full story here.
- Journalist Ian Abrahams has issued an ‘apology’ after stating live on talkSPORT that Newcastle United only get 52,000 into St James’ Park as there’s ‘nothing else to do’ – Full story here.
- As highlighted by Sky Sports, former Newcastle flop Florian Thauvin is currently the top scoring player across Europe’s top five leagues – having bagged six goals in Marseille’s opening their opening six games of the new Ligue 1 season – Full story here.