A round up of all of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Kevin Keegan has admitted that Rafa Benitez is ‘hoping and praying’ that someone comes in and buys the club before his contract expires next summer – suggesting this may be the only way to keep him at the club – Full story here.
- Mike Ashley is causing bother once again in the world of football, with the NUFC owner now involved in yet another merchandise deal row with Rangers – just months after they were told by a High Court judge to ‘make peace’ – Full story here.
- According to Scouts in Attendance, Newcastle have been left ‘impressed’ once again after sending scouts to watch Olympiakos midfielder Mady Camara in action last weekend – Full story here.
- Nile Ranger admitted that it took a heated phone call from Dennis Wise to get him to come to Newcastle back in 2008 – with the striker initially preferring to stay at Swindon and earn £95 a week than take his chance under Kevin Keegan – Full story here.
- The Guardian have written their yearly piece on the top 20 young Premier League talents to watch, with Newcastle United’s 17-year-old goalkeeper Will Brown featuring in the list – Full story here.
- Following an injury to James Tarkowski, England handed Lewis Dunk a late call-up to the England squad, meaning Gareth Southgate has chosen to snub Jamaal Lascelles once again – See Brighton fans amusing justification for his decision here.
- Football impressionist Darren Farley is at it again, and his latest Rafa Benitez impersonation features an amusing reaction to Saturday’s 3-2 defeat to Manchester United – Watch his latest sketch here.
- And finally, five years on from his famous rant at Nile Ranger, The True Geordie’s latest podcast features the ex-NUFC bad boy himself – Watch it in full here.