A round up of all of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- The Telegraph’s Luke Edward has revealed that Mike Ashley decided to take £10m out of the club over the summer – despite promising Rafa Benitez ‘every penny’ generated in the summer transfer window – Full story here.
- The Chronicle’s Chris Waugh has provided a worrying update on Salomon Rondon’s fitness, stating that the striker was seen limping out of St James’ Park when exiting the stadium on Saturday – Full story here.
- Following Saturday’s devastating 1-0 defeat to Brighton at St James’ Park, The Chronicle ran a poll asking Newcastle fans “Do you still back Rafa?” after 9 games without a win this season – an a stunning 86% said yes – Full story here.
- Speaking on talkSPORT, Jim White has insisted that the blame lies with Rafa Benitez and the players and NOT Mike Ashley – claiming the NUFC owner has ‘nothing to do’ with our worst start to a season since 1898 – Full story here.
- If scoring 8 goals in his first 10 games wasn’t enough, Elias Sorensen has only gone an scored another hat-trick in the U-23’s emphatic 5-2 victory over Aston Villa on Monday night – with many now tipping him for a first-team call up – Full story here.
- After The Chronicle recently reported that the club planned to hand Sean Longstaff a new contract, Rafa Benitez has now confirmed that he has been in touch with Lee Charnley in a bid to tie him down to a new deal – Full story here
- As confirmed by Football365, Ayoze Perez created six chances during Saturday’s defeat to Brighton at St James’ Park – more than any other Premier League player over the weekend despite – a stat that has left NUFC fans bemused – Full story here.
- And Gray has slammed Rafa Benitez for his comments after Saturday’s defeat to Brighton – feeling that it was ‘wrong’ for him to say ‘we have to hope there are three worse teams in the league’ – Full story here.