A round up of all of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- According to Mark Douglas, there’s a theory that Mike Ashley may be more likely to release funds if he becomes more engaged with NUFC – and this is why Lee Charnley has encouraged him to meet with Benitez and attend games again – Full story here.
- The Chronicle have confirmed that both Fulham and Arsenal have now showed interest in signing Freddie Woodman – with both London clubs sending scouts to watch the England international in action on Tyneside – Full story here.
- A new campaign has emerged on social media in an attempt to protests against Mike Ashley – with fans now planning to throw tennis balls onto the pitch during December’s clash with Wolves at St James’ Park – Full story here.
- If it wasn’t bad enough that ‘Sports Direct‘ signs were in every nook and cranny of St James’ Park as it is, Mike Ashley has now found space for yet another one – in the main entrance to St James’ Park – See it here.
- Rafa Benitez identified West Brom’s Craig Dawson, Palace’s Andros Townsend and West Brom’s Salomon Rondonas three of his ‘priority’ transfer targets over the summer according to The Chronicle’s Mark Douglas – Full story here.
- Salomon Rondon has sent a promising message to NUFC fans following his return to first-team training – posting ‘Hello, I’m back!’ on social media – See his post here.
- Following his goal in PSV’s Champions League clash with Spurs last night, Harry Redknapp reckons we were wrong not to sign Luuk De Jong back in 2014 – proving how little he must’ve watched us during his loan spell at the club! – Full story here.
- According to reports in Italy, Rafa Benitez is now watching SPAL centre-back Francesco Vicari ahead of a potential January move – although another centre-back seems like the last thing we need right now – Full story here.