A round up of all of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- According to Alan Nixon, Rafa Benitez has ‘money to spend’ in the January transfer window and is hoping to pull off the signing of MLS star Miguel Almiron – Full story here.
- Some unlikely claims have emerged from The Chronicle’s Lee Ryder, with him stating that we made a ‘£35m bid’ for Real Sociedad striker Willian Jose over the summer – something I’m REALLY struggling to believe – Full story here.
- According to an exclusive in The Chronicle, Mike Ashley is now willing to hand Rafa Benitez the contract he wants – as long he is willing to wait for ‘certain requests’ – Full story here.
- The Mirror claim that Rafa Benitez will be offered a huge £10million deal to manage Chinese super-league giants Shanghai SIPG when his contract expires next summer – but NUFC fans have been told not to worry about this one – See why here.
- Oxford United boss Karl Robinson has confirmed that he has taken ex-NUFC striker Nile Ranger on trial at the club – allowing the 27-year-old free agent to train with his team as he gives him ‘2-3 weeks to prove himself’ – Full story here.
- Just a few months after completing a move to Australia, Steven Taylor has already been involved in one of the misses of the season – hitting the post from three yards out during Wellington Phoenix’s match in Brisbane yesterday – Full story here.
- Following Saturday’s 0-0 draw at Southampton, The Sun’s Paul Jiggins has claimed that Rafa Benitez “is just a very average boss” – saying the Spaniard needs to ‘quit’ for the sake of NUFC and his own reputation – Full story here.
- In an interview with BBC Sport, Aleksandar Mitrovic has stated that he found life on Tyneside tough at times as the passion of the fans was sometimes ‘too crazy’ – making it hard for him to have a private life – Full story here.