round up of all of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- According to an exclusive from the Northern Echo’s Scott Wilson, Newcastle United have made Eintracht Franfurt striker Sebastien Haller their number one transfer target ahead of the January window – Full story here.
- According to The Mirror, Rafa Benitez is now ‘confident’ that Mike Ashley will hand him a ‘substantial’ transfer kitty in the January window – with his presence at games allowing him to see just how much we need investment – Full story here.
- With the Magpie Group now confirming plans to boycott December’s clash with Wolves, Rafa Benitez has asked fans to ‘keep supporting the team’ – saying it is vital that we stay together if we want to stay up this season – See his comments here.
- NUFC appear to have sent scouts to watch in-form Bordeaux winger Francois Kamano once again over the weekend – with club officials spotted at their 0-1 defeat against Nice on Sunday – Full story here.
- Rafa Benitez wants a MINIMUM of three new signings in the January window according to The Chronicle’s Mark Douglas – with the Spaniard expecting to sign a new striker, a number 10 and a left-back in the new year – Full story here.
- Ex-Sunderland wide man Kieran Richardson believes Newcastle have not got the goals to stay up – feeling that Benitez’s decision to let both Aleksandar Mitrovic and Dwight Gayle go will be a disastrous one – Full story here.
- A worrying stat has emerged from The Chronicle’s Mark Douglas today, revealing how we’ve been ahead for just 66 minutes of our 11 games in all competitions this season – with us scoring just two goals in our last five games – Full story here.
- Jonas Gutierrez has vowed to return to St James’ Park ‘one day’, saying that the best moments of his life were his seven years on Tyneside and that he’d love to return ‘soon’ – Full story here.
- According to The Chronicle’s Mark Douglas, Rafa Benitez has identified Chelsea’s Ruben Loftus-Cheek as an ‘ideal’ January signing – however the midfielder can only arrive if Newcastle spend big to secure him on a permanent deal – Full story here.