A round up of all of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Rafa Benitez has responded to Jamaal Lascelles’ ‘nice guy’ comment about Mike Ashley yesterday – saying this was a reflection of his ‘two hour meeting’ with the NUFC owner and NOT ‘what has happened over 11 years’ – Full story here.
- According to a story in The Sun today, Mike Ashley threatened to ‘knock out’ a Newcastle Untied fan who approached him in a London restaurant and called him a ‘parasite’ – Full story here.
- After signing a new six-year-deal with the club yesterday, Jamaal Lascelles has insisted that he would NOT leave even if we were relegated – also confirming that there has been no release clause added to his contract – Full story here.
- The Magpie Group have insisted that they will ‘fully respect’ any fan who decides not to get involved in the boycott planned for December’s home game with Wolves – accepting that it’s ‘never possible’ to reach a full consensus – Full story here.
- After his appearance on BBC Radio Newcastle last night, Jamaal Lascelles received a brilliant prank call from Jonjo Shelvey – with him asking him what time he’ll be home so they can play online game ‘Fortnite’ together – Watch it here.
- Alan Shearer has slated the transfer policy Mike Ashley has implemented at NUFC – saying that his decision to ‘shop at Aldi’ is the reason Newcastle United are struggling and not Rafa Benitez – Full story here.
- Ex-NUFC winger Florian Thauvin has insisted that he was ‘never given a chance’ to prove himself at Newcastle – with the Frenchman insisting it’s ‘completely false’ for people to claim he was not good enough for the Premier League – Full story here.
- Martin Dubravka has admitted that he’s ‘quit’ watching English TV and is ‘not listening’ to the negativity around Newcastle – saying Mike Ashley is ‘not his business’, with him instead preferring to just do his job on the pitch – Full story here.
- Paul Merson is backing Watford to beat us 0-2 at St James’ Park on Saturday – claiming that he can’t even see where our next goal is coming from never mind our next win – See his comments here.