A round up of all of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- As revealed by The Chronicle today, Mo Diame looks set to secure a new contract at the club – however he will only do so if he manages to rack up a certain number of appearances this season – Full story here.
- According to reports over the weekend, Mike Ashley paid Rafa Benitez and the players a visit after Saturday’s win over Watford, arriving at the dressing room to congratulate all involved after our first victory of the season – Full story here.
- As revealed by the Chronicle’s Lee Ryder, Jacob Murphy has been ‘left to battle for his place’ at Newcastle United after ‘failing to impress’ Rafa Benitez in training – Full story here.
- As revealed by the Birmingham Mail, Alan Pardew is now in the running to land the Southampton job – with the pressure on Mark Hughes now mounting after the Saints struggling start to the new season – Full story here.
- Watford fan Gary Tucker has had his say on our 1-0 win at St James’ Park over the weekend – believing Ki Sung-Yueng changed the game and punished his side for their missed chances – See his brilliantly honest assessment here.
- Just as we won our first game of the season following a 1-0 win over Watford on Saturday, Sunderland‘sTwitter account have made a laughable attempt to dampen our spirits – with them posting ‘six in a row’ soon after the game ended – See it here.
- After covering the game on Gillette Soccer Saturday, Sky pundit Charlie Nicholas has praised Mo Diame for what he described as a ‘very, very impressive’ performance – saying he was the standout player for us on Saturday – Read his comments here.
- And finally, Neil Langer’s rant at any NUFC fan who sent abuse or threatened to boo Jamaal Lascelles after his ‘nice guy’ comments about Mike Ashley – Read it here.