A round up of all of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- According to the Chronicle, Newcastle United are STILL up for sale despite Mike Ashley’s return to the scene at St James’ Park, claiming there’s now an ‘arrangement’ in place for a ‘smooth sale’ should anyone match his asking price – Full story here.
- A promising story has emerged from The Chronicle this week, with Lee Ryder claiming that there’s now renewed ‘hope’ behind the scenes at NUFC that Rafa Benitez WILL sign a new contract at NUFC – Full story here.
- According to the Chronicle’s Lee Ryder, Jonjo Shelvey is now ‘touch and go’ for Saturday’s game with Bournemouth – whilst Benitez is also ‘assessing’ Lascelles and Muto after the pair also came of injured in the win over Watford – Full story here.
- Ki Sung-Yueng admits that he felt Rafa Benitez ‘did not like him’ following his initial struggle for game time at NUFC – however he believes he has shown what he can do in his impressive cameo on Saturday – Full story here.
- Salomon Rondon has described NUFC fans as the ‘best’ supporters he has played in front of in his career – with the West Brom loanee vowing to score goals and help the team now he is nearing a return to full fitness – Full story here.
- Rafa Benitez now has a few big decisions to make ahead of Saturday’s game with Bournemouth – will he hand Ki and Schar rare starts after their outstanding performances from the bench last weekend? – Full story here.
- The gaffer has also sent a strong message out to his player, asking them to ignore every TV pundit – unless their name is Alan Shearer – Full story here.
- And finally, Graham Watson’s thought provoking piece on the NUFC owner – Is Mike Ashley “Drooling” at his own Stewardship or just Puking on United? – Full story here.