A round up of all of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- As revealed by the Northern Echo, Newcastle will attempt to sign Salomon Rondon on a PERMANENT deal in January – a move that will then allow Benitez to make another domestic loan signing in the new year – Full story here.
- According to the Chronicle’s Lee Ryder, it’s ‘doubtful’ that Paul Dummett will be fit for next week’s trip to Burnley – with the left-back still awaiting further assessment after returning to Tyneside with a muscle injury this week – Full story here.
- Achraf Lazaar has insisted that he ‘expects to be take into consideration’ by Rafa Benitez following Paul Dummett’s injury – stating that he will ‘not give up’ on his Newcastle United career – Full story here.
- The Chronicle reports that Salomon Rondon has now moved his family up north – with the striker also admitting that Tyneside has become ‘home’ for him since his move from the Midlands club in the summer – Full story here.
- According Spanish Radio station Cadena SER, Newcastle are interested in Real Sociedad defender Diego Llorente– with ‘Scouts In Attendance’ also confirming that we watched him during Spain’s win over Bosnia on Sunday – Full story here.
- NUFC fans have voted for their ‘player of the season so far’ on Twitter – and TWO player have absolutely dominated the result – See them here.
- During the Chronicle’s latest transfer piece today, NUFC reporter Chris Waugh has confirmed that Rafa Benitez is pushing to sign a ‘creative midfielder‘, a striker to rival Salomon Rondon and additional full-back cover in January – Full story here.
- Rafa Benitez now has TWO big decisions to make ahead of our trip to Burnley next week – does he stick with Schar and Ki or recall old favourites Jamaal Lascelles and Jonjo Shelvey – Full story here.