A round up of all of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Florian Lejeune has returned to first-team training today, just FOUR months after suffering a serious knee injury – however the bad news is that Jamaal Lascelles, Jonjo Shelvey andPaul Dummmett were nowhere to be seen – Full story here.
- Former Newcastle right-back Daryl Janmaat has had his say on just how ‘different’ NUFC fans are to those at Watford – claiming that we “expected too much” and “moaned quickly” during his time on Tyneside – Full story here.
- According to the Chronicle, Newcastle look set to rekindle their interest in PSG’s Stanley N’Soki in January – with the club now ‘stepping up’ up their attempts to bring in a new left-back following the recent injury to Paul Dummett – Full story here.
- Speaking to BBC Radio Newcastle, Rafa Benitez has revealed that Jacob Murphy has been training ‘really well’, saying it’s a ‘question of time’ before he features in his first team plans – despite not featuring in our last FOUR games – Full story here.
- As revealed by the Hartlepool Mail, in-form Newcastle United striker Elias Sorensen is now a January target for Hartlepool United, with the National League side keen to sign the 19-year-old on loan in the new year – Full story here.
- Paul Merson has hailed the introduction of Salomon Rondon at NUFC, stating he has now given Benitez a ‘focal point’ and brute force up top – claiming that we were ‘too weak’ and struggled to hold up the ball when Joselu played – Full story here.
- An interesting transfer piece has emerged from the Chronicle, claiming NUFC could pursue a permanent deal for Kenedy in January – enabling Rafa Benitez to sign long-term target Ruben Loftus-Cheek on loan – Full story here.
- Mick Quinn says that he ‘knows for a fact’ that Rafa Benitez is keen to stay at the club ‘long-term’ – however he believes Mike Ashley must start showing ambition from January onwards if he has any chance of keeping him – Full story here.