A round up of all of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Rafa Benitez has confirmed that Paul Dummett will miss Monday’s trip to Burnley – while Jamaal Lascelles, Jonjo Shelvey and Yoshinori Muto are all serious doubts after failing to train fully all week – Full story here.
- Former Sunderland midfielder Kieran Richardson has revealed that Newcastle made a ‘cheeky’ £8m bid to sign him in the 2009 January transfer window – Full story here.
- According to Spanish media outlet ‘El Gol Digital’, Real Sociedad are keen to sign Ayoze Perez – a move that would see him reunite with ex-Mag Mikel Merino – Full story here.
- Just a few weeks on from reports that he would sign at Old Trafford, recently released goalkeeper Paul Woolston has been spotted training with the Manchester United first-team over the international break – Full story here.
- According to the Chronicle’s Lee Ryder, summer target Erik Pieters is now keen to make a January move to Newcastle – however it’s claimed Rafa Benitez may struggle to convince the board to sign the 30-year-old left-back – Full story here.
- Sky pundit Don Goodman claims Dwight Gayle would score goals at the ‘highest level’ if he was given the opportunity – with him stating that he never got a chance to prove himself in the Premier League with Newcastle – Full story here.
- Ki Sung-yueng believes Salomon Rondon is Newcastle’s ‘most important’ player – also revealing how the Venezuelan impresses him ‘every day’ in training with headers just like the one he scored against Bournemouth – Full story here.
- As confirmed by Sean Dyche, Burnley star James Tarkowski and club-record signing Ben Gibson will BOTH miss Monday’s game at Turf Moor through injury – news that will be music to the ears of Newcastle’s Salomon Rondon – Full story here.