A round up of all of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- According to the Telegraph’s North-East reporter Luke Edwards, a ‘wealthy’ party signed a non-disclosure agreement last month, with them being financially capable of meeting Mike Ashley’s asking price ‘without complications’ – Full story here.
- The Telegraph also report that there are two parties expressing takeover interest – a Turkish consortium and a ‘multi-billionaire’ that’s ‘not from the USA’ – Full story here.
- Representatives of Arthur Blank have today denied claims that they are one of the groups preparing an offer to buy Newcastle – meaning the Atlanta United owner will NOT be replacing Ashley anytime soon – Full story here.
- Newcastle Legend Alan Shearer has tweeted his view on Mike Ashley’s latest takeover comments, believing his Sky News interview is all big ploy to avoid spending in January – Full story here.
- Rafa Benitez insists it is ‘business as usual’ in response to Mike Ashley’s comments – also confirming that Dummett, Hayden, Ritchie and Darlow will miss tomorrow’ trip to Everton – Full story here.
- According to reports in Spain, Newcastle have ‘enquired’ about the availability of Real Betis left-back Junior Firpo – – Full story here.
- After a member of the London Magpie Group confronted Mike Ashley on Monday, the NUFC owner is believed to have ignored his questions, simply saying “don’t bother me no more!” – Full story here.
- A report in the Bristol Post claims that Arsenal have tried and failed to sign Freddie Woodman on a permanent deal, with them suggesting that the young goalkeeper will seal a loan move to Leeds United in January instead – Full story here.
- Paul Merson has branded ex-Mackem Jordan Pickford an ‘accident waiting to happen’ ahead of our trip to Goodison Park on Wednesday – but is backing his Everton to beat us 2-0 and have ‘too much’ for us to handle – Full story here.