A round up of all of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- As revealed by Sky Sports, a US-based consortium led by Peter Kenyon are now the ‘favourite’ to seal a takeover for Newcastle United – but he is just one of FOUR who have made offers ‘in excess’ of £300m – Full story here.
- The Northern Echo have revealed why Peter Kenyon is now the ‘clear front-runner’ to buy NUFC – with his group now having access to the club’s ‘data room’ after receiving the the financial backing from US investors – Full story here.
- According to reliable NUFC writer Martin Hardy, those ‘inside the club’ at St James’ Park are now preparing for a change of ownership at Newcastle United – suggesting that a takeover could be imminent – Full story here.
- The reliable George Caulkin has confirmed that Peter Kenyon is now in ‘advanced talks’ with Mike Ashley – however he believes time is ‘running out’ for a deal to be completed before the January window – Full story here.
- After claiming to have received ‘evidence’ that a takeover at the club ‘is real’, NUFC fanzine True Faith are now asking the Magpie Group to ‘call off’ the boycott planned for Sunday’s game with Wolves – Full story here.
- Alan Shearer has not held back when asked by a Man Utd fan if he regretted not signing for the Red Devils earlier in his career – saying he ‘couldn’t stand them then and still can’t stand them now!’ – See exactly what he said here.
- Just two days after Mark Hughes was sent packing, Southampton have appointed former RB Leipzig boss Ralph Hasenhuttl on a two-and-a-half year deal – the man known as the ‘Austrian Jurgen Klopp’ – Full story here.
- And finally, with a trip to Everton awaiting us tonight, here’s the surprise NUFC side we believe Benitez *might* just go with at Goodison Park – See possible line-up here.