A round up of all of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- According to the Mirror, Mike Ashley is now wanting a Sports Direct advertising presence at St James’ Park included in any takeover deal – something that’s created a ‘stumbling block’ for all FOUR interested parties – Full story here.
- Benitez confirmed that Shelvey and Clark will miss tomorrow’s game, but he’s also revealed that the Fulham game will be Ki-sung-yueng’s last before he heads off to the Asian Cup – Full story here.
- Claudio Ranieri believes Aleksandar Mitrovic’s failure to adapt to English football cost him at Newcastle – suggesting he wanted too much time on the ball and ‘didn’t do a good job’ during his time on Tyneside – Full story here.
- With both Ki AND Muto set to miss over a month of action at the Asian Cup, the need to sign players early in the January transfer window has never been greater for Rafa Benitez – Full story here.
- Paul Dummett has mocked the Mackem’s Netflix documentary ‘Sunderland Til I Die’ with a comical post in his Instagram account – See it here.
- After no apparent progress on the takeover front, here’s Simon’s TWO theories behind Mike Ashley’s big claim during THAT Sky interview a few weeks ago – Full story here.
- Paul Merson has absolutely slated Fulham in his latest prediction piece, with him going for a 3-0 win for Newcastle– meaning he’s expecting a rare emphatic win for us this weekend – Full story here.
- It’s been reported for weeks now that Rafa’s number one January target is £20m-rated playmaker Miguel Almiron – however it seems even clearer to me that this deal will only happen if a takeover goes through – Full story here.