A round up of all of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- The club has announced that U-23 star Elias Sorensen has now signed a three-year contract with the club – a deal which includes an option to extend – Full story here.
- The Mail’s Craig Hope reports that Jonjo Shelvey is set to see a specialist to find a solution for a reoccurring thigh injury that has flared up once again – Full story here.
- Alan Shearer has shared just how ‘worried’ he is about the current situation at NUFC – urging Mike Ashley to sell before things get worse and criticising Rafa Benitez’s decision to play a much-changed side on Saturday – Full story here.
- Just a few weeks on from claims that Rafa was planning another attempt to sign Tammy Abraham, the Sun claim the Chelsea striker looks set to join Wolves – Full story here.
- According to Lee Ryder, Mike Ashley and Peter Kenyon agreed to release the infamous ‘takeover letter’ in a bid to show fans that this is not a PR stunt – with both ‘eager’ to prove to the public that a deal can be struck in the new year – Full story here.
- Remember Shane Ferguson – the little Northern Irishman who broke onto the scene back in 2010? Well he’s just scored two late stunners to send Millwall into the FA Cup 4th round – Watch both goals here.
- According to reports in Italy, Emploi playmaker Miha Zajc is now ‘considering’ a move to Newcastle – with his agent claiming there’s ‘at least’ two Premier League clubs showing interest – Full story here.
- According to the Times, Mike Ashley has now offered Rafa Benitez a new one year deal – saying he must sign if he wants to receive money to spend on new signings this month – Here’s Simon’s take on Ashley’s alleged offer – Read piece here.