A round up of all of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- As revealed by the Times, Mike Ashley has admitted to making a “regrettable remark” after Dubai-based takeover talks in 2008 – something that’s believed to have blown his chances of selling the club to wealthy Middle-Eastern investors – Full story here.
- With snow falling around St James’ Park and weather warnings issued, The Mirror claim that Saturday’s crucial game with Cardiff is at risk of being postponed – Full story here.
- Newcastle United striker Yoshinori Muto scored a brilliant header in Japan’s win Asian Cup win over Uzbekistan today – Watch goal here.
- Paul Merson believes the ‘unbelievable’ Neil Warnock is a better manager than Rafa Benitez – stating there is ‘no chance’ he’d have done the job Warnock has at Cardiff – Full story here.
- North-East journalist Michael Walker claims Mike Ashley has been ‘irritated’ by Rafa Benitez’s recent comments stating it would be a ‘miracle’ if we stayed up this season – Full story here.
- Former Newcastle striker Ivan Toney says it’s now our loss that we let him go over the summer – claiming he was never given a chance to prove himself under Rafa Benitez – Full story here.
- Strasbourg star Kenny Lala would be a brilliant signing for the club according to GFN’s Nathan Staples – with him describing the Frenchman as ‘Ligue 1’s most consistent full-back’ – Full story here.
- According to Sky, Cardiff are now hoping to have prolific Ligue 1 striker Emiliano Sala in their squad for Saturday’s game at St James’ – with the club close to announcing his £18m arrival – Full story here.