Here’s a round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Rafa Benitez has insisted that it should be an ‘easy decision’ for the club when it comes to signing Salomon Rondon permanently – Full story here.
- Rafa Benitez admits that arrival of Miguel Almiron and Antonio Barreca ‘does not change everything’ regarding his future – insisting there’s ‘still a lot of things to talk about’ if he’s to continue beyond this season – Full story here.
- Just weeks after a £7m bid was reported, Rennes left-back Faitout Maouassa has confirmed that he turned down a move to Newcastle last month – Full story here.
- Mike Ashley has withdrawn his interest in Patisserie Valerie after being told to up his £15m bid for the struggling cafe chain – Full story here.
- According to reports in Norway, Newcastle are one of several clubs tracking Hull City midfielder Markus Henriksen – Full story here.
- The infamous Richard Keys has done his best to get underneath Alan Shearer’s skin on Twitter after Sergio Aguero equalled his record for most hat-tricks in Premier League history – See his petty tweet here.
- Rafa Benitez has confirmed that THREE La Liga clubs made attempts to sign Ayoze Perez over the summer, however he had no intention to sell the man he describes as an ‘important player’ for Newcastle – Full story here.
- And finally, our look at Newcastle survival hopes – and why we are now more confident than ever that we’ll stay up this season – Read full piece here.