Here’s a round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Miguel Almiron’s electric pace may have caught the eye of most fans last night, but there was one other thing he did that left me so impressed – him putting his head in where it hurts to try and clear the ball on the floor – Full story here.
- Gary Lineker has described Sean Longstaff’s display against Wolves as a ‘impressively mature performance’ – believing he is another English talent making ‘huge strides’ in the Premier League – Full story here.
- According to north-east reporter David Coverdale, Rafa Benitez has made the permanent signing of Salomon Rondon ‘top of his agenda’ ahead of contract talks over his future at the club – Full story here.
- Martin Dubravka may have made two costly errors in just over a week, but some of the comments I’ve read on social media following last night’s late mistake are shameful – Read some fans’ reactions here.
- Sky pundit Jamie Carragher has praised Miguel Almiron’s ‘willingness and energy’ during his impressive late cameo at Wolves – believing he looked ‘lively’ and ‘sharp’ – Full story here.
- A closer look at last night’s game – with us picking out 5 positives and 3 negatives to take from the 1-1 draw at Molineux – Read them all here.
- According to former Leeds and Liverpool winger Harry Kewell, the cold weather in the north-east plays a big part in Newcastle’s ability to sign players – Full story here.
- And finally, our player ratings from last night’s 1-1 draw at Wolves – See ratings for all 11 starters & Almiron here.