Here’s a round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Mike Ashley has ‘made it clear’ that he wants to keep Rafa Benitez at the club according to the Chronicle – yet it’s suggested that the Spaniard’s been told that ‘some things won’t change’ – Full story here.
- Paul Merson believes Saturday’s clash with Huddersfield is a ‘must win’ game for Newcastle United – a big statement, but one I really don’t agree with – Full story here.
- Premier League legend Brad Friedel is backing Miguel Almiron to be a real hit at Newcastle – and has also also revealed how he signed at St James’ Park in 1994; only to be denied a work permit – Full story here.
- Matz Sels claims that his ex-NUFC teammates were ‘mostly looking out for themselves’ during his time at the club, suggesting were all colleagues, not friends – Read his comments here.
- According to the Chronicle, Miguel Almiron has already ‘struck up a friendship’ with Salomon Rondon – something that could be good news both off and on the pitch for Newcastle United – Full story here.
- Despite what appeared to be a promising performance in their 3-2 win over QPR this week, West Brom fans are still very much split on Newcastle United loanee Jacob Murphy – Read their comments here.
- It turns out Jack Colback is NOT out of contract at Newcastle this summer according to the Chronicle – news that can be seen as both good and bad news – Full story here.
- And finally, after a video went viral of Jack Waddle meeting Rafa Benitez and giving the gaffer a little pat on the cheek, the young NUFC fan and his family have been invited to meet the squad at the club’s training ground today – Watch footage of his visit below: